If you are reading this, you probably are among the people who still are reluctant and having doubts whether to use online job search tools. Fast internet growth has fuelled the market growth and encouraged the users to change the way they searched for jobs. Online job portals and job boards are well known platforms for people looking for career opportunities. Demand for quality human capital is there as always, and companies are eager to hire people who could add value to their organizations while equipping themselves to better meet the challenges of this age. Today, almost all human resource managers and recruiters are aware of the usability and benefits of using online recruitment tools; some are relying solely on online recruitment tools for their hiring needs. Even the HR managers who use traditional recruitment tools do not out rightly reject using online recruitment tools. In fact they do explore online recruitment as a parallel avenue for tapping valuable human capital.
Either you are a fresher or an experienced professional, below five reasons would convince you to go online for your job search:
- Cost Effective: Searching, finding and applying for jobs online would cost you nothing. All job portals provide these facilities free. They are not a charity though and charge the employers/recruiters for their services. In fact you are the commodity they sell to the buyers i.e. employers/recruiters. You don't need to format, print and then post your resume to the companies you wish work for.
- Time Efficient: Accept it; No matter how desperate you are for a job, you hate spending hours finding and applying for jobs. Applying for jobs advertised in newspapers and magazines is time consuming and hectic, which may result in frustration and could demoralize the job seeker during the job search. As a result the jobseeker may land in a less rewarding career position. Online job search is quick and could yield better results in hours not days and weeks. Needless to say, not always.
- 24/7 Availability: Online job advertisements are available 24/7 and could be found and applied to, as per convenience of the job seeker. It doesn't mean that jobs posted online are there forever, they do have an expiry dates. Online job postings are removed on expiry or when its desired results are achieved i.e. significant numbers of resumes received for hiring.
- Keeps You Updated: Usually all job portals facilitate job seekers with services like job alerts, feeds and social media presence to keep them updated about the available jobs relevant to their resumes and career interests. That way, job seekers do not miss an opportunity to apply for the jobs for which they feel they are the appropriate candidate. Job seekers do miss the jobs printed in newspapers and magazines if they skip that particular day's issue in which the job of their interest was advertised.
- Ease & Convenience: Still not convinced? Well, how about delivering your resume to hundreds of companies in minutes? You don't need hours and days researching and then applying to the relevant jobs . Just a few mouse clicks would do it for you.